Snapshot Memoir Writing
Friday, April 22
Ann Day Community Park
In this class we use days-gone-by photographs as writing prompts. Imaginative exercises lead us toward stories waiting to be told. We'll also learn how to compress our stories into short ‘flash’ essays that zing with life. Includes writing, reading aloud and discussion. For all adult writers.
$39. Limit 6. Ann Day Community Park. To register, click here.
For this workshop, you'll need five or more printed, vintage, personal family photographs that stand out to you for particular reasons. Choose images that:
- Have a strong personal significance to you
- Include you or close family members
- Contain certain "moods" that intrigue you
- Contain backgrounds may show a variety of details, unique architecture or natural environments
- Photos should be at least 10 years old
We'll write using pens and notebooks. We tend to be more grounded and creative when we write using old-fashioned materials like pen and paper.
Questions? Contact me.